- The Policy Council is a formal organization including parents of currently enrolled students and community representatives.
- The Policy Council meets monthly to; receive reports from all service areas, and develop, review, and approve; Funding Applications, Policy and Procedure, Program Planning, criteria for defining recruitment, selection, and enrollment priorities.
- Policy Council members are elected to serve one year, and can serve a maximum of three years. Policy Council members strive to communicate with other parents, teachers and staff items that are shared at meetings.
- Each Head Start and Early Head Start Class may elect one parent representative to the Policy Council. Parents may express their interest to be included on the ballot during orientation or during the first home visit in August.
- Ballots containing the names of all parents interested in serving on the Policy Council will be provided the second week of school for vote by all parents in each class.
All parents are encouraged to attend Policy Council meetings.